If you are interested in information or bringing Mandatory Reporting Training or a Child Safety Program for ages 3 yrs-13 yrs to your school or organization,
Call Candy Hattingh at 409-741-6000 or email email@example.com
Child Safety Tips
- Be calm, neutral and empowering and let them know that you are
- always there for them, no matter what.
- Teach your child the real names for their private parts and do not put shame around sexuality or the body parts.
- Help your child identify trusted adults that they can tell if something happens.
- Explain about unsafe touches and that no one gets to touch, look at or photograph private parts. (unless medically necessary by professional, parent or guardian or if the child is too young to bathe themselves.)
- Teach your child that they can say, “No!” and that their body is their own. They can do this many verbal ways, but also non verbally by doing things like pushing someone’s hand off them or moving away quickly if possible.
- Personal safety conversations should be ongoing. Check in with your child about the adults that they come into contact with and who their friends are.
What about Organizations that serve my child?
- Know if there are policies in place that prevent an adult being alone with a child.
- Ask if background checks are conducted on all volunteers and employees.
- Ask if staff and volunteers are trained on safety and how to report it.
- Ask if a child safety program is available locally.